Monday, September 22, 2008

argument of definition!

For my argument of defintion I choice an article I found online from the New York Times. The article is titled "The Claim: Grape Juice Has the Same Benefits as Red Wine." This article declares that grape juice, as well as wine and other alcohol, can reduce the risk of blood clots and prevent LDL, or "bad" cholesterol, from sticking to coronary arteries. This claim in proven through a test where 15 people with coronary arterie disease were served 2 servings of grape juice a day. After two weeks, these people had improved blood flow and reduced oxidation of LDL.
For my op-ed I choice to look at fashion and politics. How much does fashion truly impact us in who we vote and why we vote for someoe...does it even matter? I had picked out an article earlier which was all about Sarah Palin's glasses and how they are now in high demand and have become a new fashion trend. This proves that politics does impact us somewhat in our fashion industry, what I want to find out is how much this impacts us.

2 comments:

Justin S. said...

Interesting now people cant use alcohol as an excuse for being heart healthy.

Sean said...

I like your argument. I didn't know grape juice could have the same effects as red wine. Its a little sad but it won't make me change my mind when deciding between wine and grape juice, I know what I'll choose.